Monday, April 03, 2006

Project 1 (Animation II) - Maya

Back to school! I was trying to get a head start on Maya before classes started. This quarter I finally get to take a class that deals with 3d Modeling! Animation II is the class I have been waiting for since I transferred to UC.

This is our first project, it wasn't even graded. It was just to get our feet wet. The assignment didn't even ask for a render, it was just to place some primitives. I decided to make the project into an exercise in glass textures.



The preview image shows how I composited two renders together. The only way I could get the colored shadows was to make the material clear. With them clear, you can't see the HDRI reflection. As far as I know right now, I didn't see any other way to have both.

Let me know what you think, thats what the comments are for!

No comments: