Friday, December 01, 2006

getting closer!

I just put my enrollment packet in the mail. I requested my college transcript to be sent over a few weeks ago but haven't heard from AM if they ever got it. I guess they may be waiting for the check. It should be there soon!

Also, The Illusion of Life finally came! I ordered it early in October and it was delayed a couple months. I should count my blessings, as I have talked to others who have been waiting much longer.

This book is intimidating, it is so HUGE! I don't know where to begin. I forgot how big it is. It is different then the copy I remember from my childhood. This has the same wrap around image of Pinocchio, but the one I remember had like a full color background with a cell-like transparent sheet over it with the Pinocchio character on it (like an animation cell). I wish I still had that one, it is probably worth something. Oh well, I got it for the information, not for the cool cover design.

I love the image on page 10, opposite of the Acknowledgments page. It is from Snow White where she is presenting the box with the heart clasp on it. There is something 'Pandora's box' about it, and it seems appropriate for the secrets to be revealed in the pages to follow. But, that's as interpretive as I want to get or else I risk sounding pretentious.

Just one month to go!

No comments: